Thursday, June 18, 2009


AJ in AC 360º

Written by Rick Ellis -- Thursday, 18 June 2009 21:27

Sneak Peek: Angelina Jolie On 'Anderson Cooper 360'
News - Latest


Actress and UN High Commission on Refugees ambassador Angelina Jolie appears on CNN Thursday evening, and we have an early look at some of her comments.

In an interview with Anderson Cooper that will air on "Anderson Cooper 360," Jolie discusses the growing worldwide refugee crisis, her frequent trips to the refugee camps and how those visits affect her family.

Here are a few of her comments, courtesy of CNN:

On her and Brad Pitt’s recent donation to refugee aid in Pakistan:

ANDERSON COOPER: You and Brad Pitt have given a-- a million dollars to aid refugees and displaced people in Pakistan. As you said, two to three million people there have fled the fighting. It's actually the largest, as you know the largest mass movement of people I think since the Rwandan genocide. I was amazed to learn, though, that only the United States has given really large amounts of aid. They've given more than $300 million. Does it shock you or-- or concern you that European countries, even some-- even Muslim Arab countries, according to the Pakistan government, have largely ignored the crisis?

ANGELINA JOLIE: Yes. And I think they should-- they should pay attention to what's happening. It's-- it's a very-- gee, I'm not a political person. But I think it doesn't take much to understand that this is the frontline of us fighting against extremists where-- where all-- all that we hold dear and all that we value is really on the line. This-- this fight is a very personal fight for all of us. And-- and-- these-- these victims of this crisis, these-- these regular people who are mostly agriculturalists that are fleeing are-- are, you know, we-- we should-- we should feel a real connection to-- to them, identify with them. This is a similar enemy that we've been fighting for years. This is-- but this moment right now, this situation and-- and keeping it stable is in all of our best interests. The-- it's unimaginable what could happen if-- if in fact the extremists do gain ground. And-- and these-- you know, so-- so, yes, I think not just-- so I think at least what we can be doing is-- is assisting the humanitarian crisis and assisting the people and the desperate families and the children. And I think all countries have a responsibility to do that. And-- and they certainly are able to. And I think more should step in.

On explaining her travels to camps and refugees to her children:

ANDERSON COOPER: On-- on a personal level, when you go to a place like Afghanistan, do you worry? I mean, do your kids worry? How do you explain to them what you're doing?

ANGELINA JOLIE: My kids are-- some of my kids are from countries that have seen conflict. And-- and I think-- I usually just explain to them that there are other families in the world that aren't as fortunate as ours and other kids. And their mommies and-- are-- are somewhere in a country that's not as safe. And their kids are in a country that aren't as safe. And they're not as fortunate as we are.

And so I tell them that it's important for all of us to-- to do what we can and then go to these places and understand what's happening. So I think they-- they're just being raised that this is the-- the normal thing to do. And if I don't worry them. But-- you know, Hopefully I'll take them to as many countries as I can and raise them with an education of the world.

On what stories stay with her after visiting these camps:

ANDERSON COOPER: You're-- you're meeting, I mean, hundreds of refugees at a time. And-- and I guess there-- there's a danger that-- that everything starts to look the same. The stories, you probably hear the same stories over and over. And yet each person is an individual and each person has-- has a story and a tale to tell. Are-- are there individuals that-- that you keep thinking about, I mean, people who you remember who-- who, you know, who stay with you?

ANGELINA JOLIE: Yes. I spoke about some of them today. There was-- I'm gonna be-- I hate crying (LAUGHTER) (UNINTEL). I-- I-- well, there was-- there was-- god, there's-- there's quite a few. There's that person I'm sure in your travels you met. There's that first person you meet that you see them-- fighting to survive. And you-- and you know that they passed away-- and-- and you couldn't do anything to stop it. And especially young people.

There was a young boy I met who was about 15 who had been shot-- in the back and paralyzed. And-- and-- his whole family had been killed and he was completely on his own. And-- and he just had the sweetest face and the most beautiful-- he was so kind and so-- but he was by himself. And he-- they-- they were unable to give him any-- any assistance. And-- and-- and yet he had this really remarkable, unbreakable spirit, a spirit beyond anything I can imagine having-- the things we complain about on a daily basis. He had lost everything.

And-- and-- and was-- just so full of laughter and kindness. And-- and he passed away a few months after I was there. And so I always wondered-- you know, so it's those kind of-- young people that you meet and you just thank, god, in any other situation, if this person had been given a chance, what an extraordinary adult he would have been. How extraordinary for his country, for his family, if he ever had a chance to have one. But instead he had so many horrible things happen to him in his life. And-- but he taught me a lot about just the strength and spirit. I-- I think of him and I-- I can't complain about anything. I can't do anything but be grateful for what I have because he was grateful and he had nothing and had suffered everything. So there are many-- and there are millions like him. So there are many, many stories.

How her trips affect herself and her family:

ANDERSON COOPER: Have they changed the way that you view yourself, the way you view your own family, your own kids?

ANGELINA JOLIE: Absolutely. I guess in more ways than I can probably understand. I just know that I-- that I want-- I think of my children's education. And more than thinking I wanna make sure they understand math or they're really good at this or they have their-- I just-- I wanna make sure they go out into the world as I've been fortunate enough to do in whatever way they can and-- and really see the way other people live and meet these other children that-- that are so strong, that are so grateful to have-- you know, with so little and-- and-- and are such strong survivors. And I think by-- by witnessing them, by meeting them, by making friends with these type of people and these type of children, it will make my children better people as they get older. And-- so I-- I hope--

ANDERSON COOPER: So you'll take them to refugee camps?

ANGELINA JOLIE: I hope to have that influence on my family. I will. I have in the past, yeah.

ANGELINA JOLIE: Mad's gone to-- to the Thai border often.

And about birthdays:

ANDERSON COOPER: Yeah, and just one final question which I gotta ask. I know you have a bunch of birthdays coming up for your kids. How do you deal with multiple birthdays?

ANGELINA JOLIE: I do have the twins and I just had Shai (PH Shiloh) in May. And we had-- we have so many kids that we just have year-round birthdays. (LAUGHTER) We just have a rotating-- it's just fun, you know? It's a lot of fun now 'cause the older kids are old enough to help plan the birthdays for the younger kids. So it's-- it's just-- it's one of the great pleasures of life, the birthdays.

And on the possibility of more children:

ANDERSON COOPER: And everyone in my office asked me to ask-- any plans for more kids?

ANGELINA JOLIE: Always. We love children...we want a big family. So we never-- you know, never say no.

The Angelina Jolie/Anderson Cooper interview will air at 10:00 PM ET on CNN's "Anderson Cooper 360"

Last Updated ( Thursday, 18 June 2009 22:06 )

No comments:











Post a link to this blog on your Twitter
page by clicking on the logo above.




Our doggy, Kai, was in the hospital for 5 days,
the Veterinarian bill is over $4000.
We need Help!
If you can, Please donate,
we'll appreciate it very much:


Thank You.





Click on the map to see how much Anderson
is admired all over the world.


You are visitor #

Since October 19, 2008


New Orleans'
PONTCHARTRAIN
Humane Society's
WISH LIST
Sam
They helped find and care
for pets lost after Hurricane Katrina.
Now they need your help.
PLEASE DONATE
Anderson would love you
even more!


Television Blog Directory

My Zimbio

[Valid Atom 1.0]


AC's Book


A Memoir of War, Disasters, and Survival," a "New York Times" best seller, is his account of the people he's met, the things he's seen and the lessons he's learned in the midst of devastation.


Dispatches from the Edge
Woven into the narrative is Anderson's struggle to understand his own family's personal tragedies. The paperback version came out May 8, 2007.

Excerpt: Dispatches from the Edge
Review: Anderson cooper's journey
'360' Blog: Anderson on the new book





Peter's Books

(3 short stories and 1 short play.)


The first installment of "The Gay Ghost Trilogy" is the story of Charles Lanier, a young gay guy who rents an apartment on Lake Shore Drive on the near north side of Chicago, and the unexpected adventures he encounters from the day he moves in. And that's only the beginning; follow up with "The Next Gay Ghost" and "The Two Gay Ghosts." Each story can be read independently from the other two installments. Or get all three books in one with "The Gay Ghost Trilogy."

"The Gay Ghost"

Paperback: $9.97 + shipping


"The Next Gay Ghost"

Paperback: $9.97 + shipping


"The Two Gay Ghosts"

Paperback: $9.97 + shipping


"The Gay Ghost Trilogy"

Paperback: $22.91 + shipping


And a One Act Play about a gay Garamatean and a gay Earthling:

"Baktrohmm"

Paperback: $10.70 + shipping






Fast, easy and free submission
to many of the main Search Engines.


Visit my web sites dedicated to these handsome and talented TV guys.

Anderson Cooper

Click on Anderson's face
to visit my "Shameless
Anderson Cooper
Worship" Web Page


Thomas Roberts

Click on Thomas' hunky face
to visit this
Handsome and Talented
Anchorman


A.J. Hammer

Click on A. J.'s cute face to
visit this other
Handsome and Talented
New Yorker


Rob Marciano

Click on Rob Marciano's
handsome face to visit
this Sexy and Talented
Meteorologist






Links:


Anderson CNN

  • Anderson Cooper Program Index
  • Anderson Cooper 360° Blog
  • Anderson Cooper 360 Transcripts


  • Anderson Fan Sites

  • Shameless Anderson Cooper Worship 1
  • Shameless Anderson Cooper Worship 2
  • CNN-Fan Page Anderson Cooper
  • Addicted to Anderson Cooper
  • All Things Anderson
  • AnderNation: Anderson Images
  • AHC - Wikipedia
  • AC360 - Wikipedia



  • Present for Anderson on his 40th birthday.

    Star name: Anderson Cooper
    Star number: 111604
    Star magnitud: 8.20
    Star color: white (brilliant)
    Constellation: Gemini
    Coordinates: RA: 4H 6m 13.01s
    Declination: 8° 30m 10.22s