Friday, December 19, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!











December 19, 196-... 195-... 194-... 1949

Today I become... ah - ah... one year older! Just don't ask me about the wiser part -- it's obvious, isn't it?... Well, Isn't it?! One benefit of old-er age is that I am getting white too -- a la Anderson Cooper. Well, not quite. As he is getting whiter and whiter on the top, I am getting whiter and whiter on the beard. Funny, my hair remains strong in color while my beard turned salt and paper. Go figure.

One other birthday today, of sorts, is this blog's birthday. Today "Thoroughly Anderson Cooper" (TAC) becomes 2 months old! October 19, 2008, bored and disconnected I decided to restart the Anderson Cooper blog. I knew I wouldn't use the old name "Anderson Cooper Effects" (ACE) that have been my blog for Anderson for about 4 years; but a similar blog nonetheless -- only this time I'd create my own original art to post and, as you may have noticed, all the art in this blog is Original Art, all made by me. And it's all there for you to enjoy and use as you please, as is, or with any improvement you can add to it; although with Anderson, I doubt you can do much improvement. He Is PERFECT as he IS! But, we can't be blamed for trying.

Little did I knew on that October 19 that the following day would be one of the saddest on my life. Our doggie, Maka, a beautiful white husky, with one blue eye and one brown eye, died that October 20. He had been diagnosed with canser three months previously and that day we had to rush him to the hospital and the doctor couldn't do anything to help him so we had to make the decision to end his life. Hard as it was -- he had looked so full of life, playing, going on his walks, eating well, that it was hard to believe that in less than 24 hours he would do a 360º turn and, well... My consolation is that today, when I woked up and looked out the window, the snow was falling for the first time this Winter, in copious flakes making everything outside bright, clean, smooth, white. Alan tells me it's Maka's gift to me. Maka, being a Husky, loved Winter and snow. And he requested snow for me today. And it looks beautiful outside. Thank you, my beloved prince, Maka!

We had planed to go see "Milk" the movie about California's first openly gay elected official, Harvey Milk. I was living in Chicago at the time of the H. Milk incident and I was getting ready to relocate to San Francisco in 1985 when this whole event had just taken place and San Francisco was up in arms about Gay Freedom and the AIDS epidemic. Oh boy, I was young and the rallies, protests, meetings, the whole Gay community was just what I wanted to live a very, very exciting, rebellious young life. Oh, the memories.

Instead, we are staying home -- we don't want to face this weather any farther that our dog walks. But then, I don't need to go out, we can go see "Milk" next week, for now I am happy to spend my day at home with my honey, Alan, and our two adorable doggies, Kai and Meli... and my computer to stay in touch with you all. And Happy Birthday to ME!

Funny, it was a day like today, a few years ago, that I heard for the first time that wonderful tune that sings "♥ Do you hear what I heeeeaar? ♥"... Uh, wait, no, that was a different birthday; His and mine are so close together I keep confusing them :-)


4 comments:

Maureen said...

Happy Birthday Peter! Guess what I got snow here in California and it hasn't ever snowed here like this, it barely even rains here in the California desert. I live about 2 hours from the California, Nevada boarder. We got about 5 inches of snow. -PGB-

QuotidianEditorialist said...

Happy Birthday to one of the sweetest, nicest men on earth!!! (Just like Anderson). =D

Much love and happiness to you and Alan. Enjoy yourself!

XXXOOXXX

Anonymous said...

¡Feliz cumpleaños a tí!
¡Feliz cumpleaños a tí!
¡Feliz cumpleaños a Peter!
¡Feliz cumpleaños a tí!

Happy Birthday to a creative and unique human being.

Peter said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your kind words and your sweet sentiments. You make me feel a year or two younger. Thanks.











Post a link to this blog on your Twitter
page by clicking on the logo above.




Our doggy, Kai, was in the hospital for 5 days,
the Veterinarian bill is over $4000.
We need Help!
If you can, Please donate,
we'll appreciate it very much:


Thank You.





Click on the map to see how much Anderson
is admired all over the world.


You are visitor #

Since October 19, 2008


New Orleans'
PONTCHARTRAIN
Humane Society's
WISH LIST
Sam
They helped find and care
for pets lost after Hurricane Katrina.
Now they need your help.
PLEASE DONATE
Anderson would love you
even more!


Television Blog Directory

My Zimbio

[Valid Atom 1.0]


AC's Book


A Memoir of War, Disasters, and Survival," a "New York Times" best seller, is his account of the people he's met, the things he's seen and the lessons he's learned in the midst of devastation.


Dispatches from the Edge
Woven into the narrative is Anderson's struggle to understand his own family's personal tragedies. The paperback version came out May 8, 2007.

Excerpt: Dispatches from the Edge
Review: Anderson cooper's journey
'360' Blog: Anderson on the new book





Peter's Books

(3 short stories and 1 short play.)


The first installment of "The Gay Ghost Trilogy" is the story of Charles Lanier, a young gay guy who rents an apartment on Lake Shore Drive on the near north side of Chicago, and the unexpected adventures he encounters from the day he moves in. And that's only the beginning; follow up with "The Next Gay Ghost" and "The Two Gay Ghosts." Each story can be read independently from the other two installments. Or get all three books in one with "The Gay Ghost Trilogy."

"The Gay Ghost"

Paperback: $9.97 + shipping


"The Next Gay Ghost"

Paperback: $9.97 + shipping


"The Two Gay Ghosts"

Paperback: $9.97 + shipping


"The Gay Ghost Trilogy"

Paperback: $22.91 + shipping


And a One Act Play about a gay Garamatean and a gay Earthling:

"Baktrohmm"

Paperback: $10.70 + shipping






Fast, easy and free submission
to many of the main Search Engines.


Visit my web sites dedicated to these handsome and talented TV guys.

Anderson Cooper

Click on Anderson's face
to visit my "Shameless
Anderson Cooper
Worship" Web Page


Thomas Roberts

Click on Thomas' hunky face
to visit this
Handsome and Talented
Anchorman


A.J. Hammer

Click on A. J.'s cute face to
visit this other
Handsome and Talented
New Yorker


Rob Marciano

Click on Rob Marciano's
handsome face to visit
this Sexy and Talented
Meteorologist






Links:


Anderson CNN

  • Anderson Cooper Program Index
  • Anderson Cooper 360° Blog
  • Anderson Cooper 360 Transcripts


  • Anderson Fan Sites

  • Shameless Anderson Cooper Worship 1
  • Shameless Anderson Cooper Worship 2
  • CNN-Fan Page Anderson Cooper
  • Addicted to Anderson Cooper
  • All Things Anderson
  • AnderNation: Anderson Images
  • AHC - Wikipedia
  • AC360 - Wikipedia



  • Present for Anderson on his 40th birthday.

    Star name: Anderson Cooper
    Star number: 111604
    Star magnitud: 8.20
    Star color: white (brilliant)
    Constellation: Gemini
    Coordinates: RA: 4H 6m 13.01s
    Declination: 8° 30m 10.22s