Monday, August 29, 2011


'Anderson' Newsletter #5



August 29, 2011


Hey, everyone. If you live on the East Coast, I hope Hurricane/Tropical Storm Irene wasn’t too much of an inconvenience for you. I spent about six hours in the storm Sunday morning in NY and was really relieved to see that the storm had weakened by the time it reached the city. A strange thing happened as I was walking to the gym later in the day Sunday around 4pm. A large window came crashing down onto the street from high up on a building near New York University. It was really scary. A group of people came very close to being hit. I don't know why the window would have fallen when it did. I got hit by a tiny piece of glass or something, but it was so small it didn’t hurt or leave a mark. Anyway, it was a strange incident after a long day.

We were going to tape a show today, but postponed it because we figured it would be too difficult for people to make it into the studio on Monday. If you had a ticket for that show, I'm sorry for the hassle of rescheduling, and I hope you understand. We are taping five shows this week, which I am really excited about, and the debut is just around the corner. It's on September 12th, just in case you want to tune in! If you want to come to a taping, go to AndersonCooper.com. Tickets are free, of course.

Last week we taped two shows and I really liked both of them. We've had great audiences for all the shows, and it's really important to me that the audience in the studio has a fun time, so I make sure to talk with them during the taping, and afterward we do a Q&A session that has been really fun. I try to tweet with all those in the audience, but if I missed you, it's nothing personal, I just sometimes can't follow up on all the tweets.

Oh, I almost forgot, I went to the NY headquarters of Google last week for a Q&A session. It was really cool. They all were super smart and I've never sat in front of an audience in which so many people had their laptops open. I don't know what they were all doing with them, but I thought it was kind of funny. Anyway, they asked very interesting questions, and it was a fun discussion. If you want to check it out, it's at YouTube.com/Anderson.

Okay, that's about it. It's been a long day and I'm still a little waterlogged. In the next newsletter I’ll have details about a Twitter countdown contest we’re launching September 5th. We’ll be giving away official “Anderson” t-shirts, mugs, hats and more. I haven't seen them yet, but I hope they’re nice. We had some "Anderson" t-shirts made up this summer for the staff, and they were really nice, though I couldn't wear them. I figured it would be weird for me to wear a t-shirt with my name on it. Okay, now I'm starting to ramble. Have a great week, and thanks for reading the newsletter!

--Anderson


There was a birthday surprise in our office last week.



end of newsletter #5





Happy Birthday Rachel!
You are envied by millions out here!








No comments:











Post a link to this blog on your Twitter
page by clicking on the logo above.




Our doggy, Kai, was in the hospital for 5 days,
the Veterinarian bill is over $4000.
We need Help!
If you can, Please donate,
we'll appreciate it very much:


Thank You.





Click on the map to see how much Anderson
is admired all over the world.


You are visitor #

Since October 19, 2008


New Orleans'
PONTCHARTRAIN
Humane Society's
WISH LIST
Sam
They helped find and care
for pets lost after Hurricane Katrina.
Now they need your help.
PLEASE DONATE
Anderson would love you
even more!


Television Blog Directory

My Zimbio

[Valid Atom 1.0]


AC's Book


A Memoir of War, Disasters, and Survival," a "New York Times" best seller, is his account of the people he's met, the things he's seen and the lessons he's learned in the midst of devastation.


Dispatches from the Edge
Woven into the narrative is Anderson's struggle to understand his own family's personal tragedies. The paperback version came out May 8, 2007.

Excerpt: Dispatches from the Edge
Review: Anderson cooper's journey
'360' Blog: Anderson on the new book





Peter's Books

(3 short stories and 1 short play.)


The first installment of "The Gay Ghost Trilogy" is the story of Charles Lanier, a young gay guy who rents an apartment on Lake Shore Drive on the near north side of Chicago, and the unexpected adventures he encounters from the day he moves in. And that's only the beginning; follow up with "The Next Gay Ghost" and "The Two Gay Ghosts." Each story can be read independently from the other two installments. Or get all three books in one with "The Gay Ghost Trilogy."

"The Gay Ghost"

Paperback: $9.97 + shipping


"The Next Gay Ghost"

Paperback: $9.97 + shipping


"The Two Gay Ghosts"

Paperback: $9.97 + shipping


"The Gay Ghost Trilogy"

Paperback: $22.91 + shipping


And a One Act Play about a gay Garamatean and a gay Earthling:

"Baktrohmm"

Paperback: $10.70 + shipping






Fast, easy and free submission
to many of the main Search Engines.


Visit my web sites dedicated to these handsome and talented TV guys.

Anderson Cooper

Click on Anderson's face
to visit my "Shameless
Anderson Cooper
Worship" Web Page


Thomas Roberts

Click on Thomas' hunky face
to visit this
Handsome and Talented
Anchorman


A.J. Hammer

Click on A. J.'s cute face to
visit this other
Handsome and Talented
New Yorker


Rob Marciano

Click on Rob Marciano's
handsome face to visit
this Sexy and Talented
Meteorologist






Links:


Anderson CNN

  • Anderson Cooper Program Index
  • Anderson Cooper 360° Blog
  • Anderson Cooper 360 Transcripts


  • Anderson Fan Sites

  • Shameless Anderson Cooper Worship 1
  • Shameless Anderson Cooper Worship 2
  • CNN-Fan Page Anderson Cooper
  • Addicted to Anderson Cooper
  • All Things Anderson
  • AnderNation: Anderson Images
  • AHC - Wikipedia
  • AC360 - Wikipedia



  • Present for Anderson on his 40th birthday.

    Star name: Anderson Cooper
    Star number: 111604
    Star magnitud: 8.20
    Star color: white (brilliant)
    Constellation: Gemini
    Coordinates: RA: 4H 6m 13.01s
    Declination: 8° 30m 10.22s