Friday, August 7, 2009


TV Shtick



My TV’s Eating Me Alive


Avery Davidson
March 2005

Description: “I typically enjoy Red Shtick Magazine (upside-down, of course) in between my numerous rounds of NTN trivia. I love it so much, it's permeated my very life force. Whether I’m reporting on a murder, a trial, or the latest cool techno-geek stuff, I always ask myself, ‘How would Red Shtick cover this?’”

By Johnny Valentine

It happens all the time, especially when I can’t sleep. Click. Click. Click. I flip from station to station.

Soon all the television shows start running together. One minute I’m watching Deadliest Catch. Click. I’m looking at the infected anus-face of Daisy from VH1’s Daisy of Love. Click. Now Anderson Cooper’s giving me the latest in world news.

Then it happens: everything blurs together. Click…

“Good evening. I’m Anderson Cooper, coming to you live from the Baton Rouge River Center,” Cooper said in a deep, intimidating voice. “Tonight, in front of the thousands of fans in attendance and the millions watching around the world, I, Anderson 360 Cooper am going to bitch-slap that sloppy, fat, no-good Bill O’Reilly … inside a steel cage!”

The crowd roars and begins to chant, “Three-six-ty, three-six-ty, three-six-ty,” as a steel cage lowers around AC360 standing inside the ring.
“The No Spin Zone starts here, you sick mother…” Click.

Wow! Couldn’t you see Cooper and O’Reilly going toe-to-toe in the “octagon,” scrapping it out? Stomping on each other’s feet and biting each other’s ears and shiznit?

I can’t wait for the day when the major news networks turn into our new wrestling federations. CNN vs. FOX News. In tonight’s main event, we have Bill “No Spin” O’Reilly taking on Anderson “360” Cooper. Careful … you’re entering the No Spin Zone …

Wouldn’t that be sweet? I got my money on O’Reilly.

Instead of listening to guys like Tucker Carlson, Keith Olbermann, and Glenn Beck bitching at their guests, we could watch ESPN correspondents lay the smack down on these geeky journalists. We can settle arguments the way our ancestors did … with duels.

I mean, who wouldn’t love to watch Glenn Beck get his face kicked in? I’d even square off with Beck. What a douche bag!

Well, I hope I get that job with WWL-TV. Then maybe I’d get my shot to join the federation and get my dream match against Glenn “Prick-faced” Beck.

But why stop there? We can bring dueling into government and Congress – solving our nation’s problems all while entertaining the masses.

Until then, I’ve got a great idea for a show. We can round up all of the annoying personalities on TV, like Omarosa, Bret Michaels, Tiffany “New York” Pollard, her mother, Sister Patterson, Daisy, all the girls from VH1’s Charm School, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, Benji and Joel from Good Charlotte, Ashley Simpson, Avril Lavigne, Vanilla Ice, and I guess that’ll do for the first show. We get all these losers together, and one by one, I’ll kick them in the face as hard as I can.

Wait. I’ve got an even better idea. We can get a pro soccer player, or even better than that, we’ll get Chuck Liddell from the UFC to kick these a–holes as hard as he can in the face. I’d watch that show.

I’ve decided the only way to remedy the problem with my watching TV too much is to destroy my TV. This idea came rather suddenly, or did it?

One of my neighbors put an old big-screen TV on the curb for the garbage men to pick up. It looked to be in pristine condition. I even considered taking it for myself. It was like a 60-inch TV!

I went out with my flashlight and looked the set over. The back was open, and I could see that some of the circuitry was missing, but nothing too bad.

I thought, “Well, I’ll run an extension cord out to see if this thing works.” But no … I underestimated the toxicity of New Orleans. For a moment, I forgot that I live in the city where people loot TVs and stereos that they can’t even use due to lack of power or because their house is underwater. Yeah, I neglected to think of all of those great looting images from Katrina.

I didn’t even have time to run an extension cord from inside my house to the street before the vandalism ensued. The set wasn’t outside for more than ten minutes before the lowlifes of our neighborhood tore this thing to bits.

“Bam!” The sound echoed like a gunshot through the streets. I went outside to investigate.

I found our 60-inch set’s screen busted out. In not even five minutes, five effing minutes, the thing was ruined! But that was just the first strike, a rock thrown through the screen.

A few minutes later, I could see two teenagers kicking the crap out of the TV from my window. The two juveniles scattered as I shouted down at them.

Then about an hour later, I heard some more ruckus. It was a truck swerving off the road and plowing into the big-ass TV.

I’ll be damned … People today … This guy literally drove off the road three feet to hit this big-ass TV. Unbelievable.

In the end, I decided to keep my TV inside and safe. It’s no secret that watching too much TV can be extremely hazardous to your health.

The tube has created an entire generation of lethargic slobs too lazy to even get off their couches. They eat, sleep, and fornicate in front of the television. I know this because I am a member of this grotesque generation.

There’s nothing wrong with TV. Just make sure you only get it in small doses.

Don’t become a slave to reality TV shows, turning your brain to mush. Get up, get out, and do something. Happy Friday!

Click here to discuss this article on our Message Board.

This article was originally posted on August 07, 2009

No comments:











Post a link to this blog on your Twitter
page by clicking on the logo above.




Our doggy, Kai, was in the hospital for 5 days,
the Veterinarian bill is over $4000.
We need Help!
If you can, Please donate,
we'll appreciate it very much:


Thank You.





Click on the map to see how much Anderson
is admired all over the world.


You are visitor #

Since October 19, 2008


New Orleans'
PONTCHARTRAIN
Humane Society's
WISH LIST
Sam
They helped find and care
for pets lost after Hurricane Katrina.
Now they need your help.
PLEASE DONATE
Anderson would love you
even more!


Television Blog Directory

My Zimbio

[Valid Atom 1.0]


AC's Book


A Memoir of War, Disasters, and Survival," a "New York Times" best seller, is his account of the people he's met, the things he's seen and the lessons he's learned in the midst of devastation.


Dispatches from the Edge
Woven into the narrative is Anderson's struggle to understand his own family's personal tragedies. The paperback version came out May 8, 2007.

Excerpt: Dispatches from the Edge
Review: Anderson cooper's journey
'360' Blog: Anderson on the new book





Peter's Books

(3 short stories and 1 short play.)


The first installment of "The Gay Ghost Trilogy" is the story of Charles Lanier, a young gay guy who rents an apartment on Lake Shore Drive on the near north side of Chicago, and the unexpected adventures he encounters from the day he moves in. And that's only the beginning; follow up with "The Next Gay Ghost" and "The Two Gay Ghosts." Each story can be read independently from the other two installments. Or get all three books in one with "The Gay Ghost Trilogy."

"The Gay Ghost"

Paperback: $9.97 + shipping


"The Next Gay Ghost"

Paperback: $9.97 + shipping


"The Two Gay Ghosts"

Paperback: $9.97 + shipping


"The Gay Ghost Trilogy"

Paperback: $22.91 + shipping


And a One Act Play about a gay Garamatean and a gay Earthling:

"Baktrohmm"

Paperback: $10.70 + shipping






Fast, easy and free submission
to many of the main Search Engines.


Visit my web sites dedicated to these handsome and talented TV guys.

Anderson Cooper

Click on Anderson's face
to visit my "Shameless
Anderson Cooper
Worship" Web Page


Thomas Roberts

Click on Thomas' hunky face
to visit this
Handsome and Talented
Anchorman


A.J. Hammer

Click on A. J.'s cute face to
visit this other
Handsome and Talented
New Yorker


Rob Marciano

Click on Rob Marciano's
handsome face to visit
this Sexy and Talented
Meteorologist






Links:


Anderson CNN

  • Anderson Cooper Program Index
  • Anderson Cooper 360° Blog
  • Anderson Cooper 360 Transcripts


  • Anderson Fan Sites

  • Shameless Anderson Cooper Worship 1
  • Shameless Anderson Cooper Worship 2
  • CNN-Fan Page Anderson Cooper
  • Addicted to Anderson Cooper
  • All Things Anderson
  • AnderNation: Anderson Images
  • AHC - Wikipedia
  • AC360 - Wikipedia



  • Present for Anderson on his 40th birthday.

    Star name: Anderson Cooper
    Star number: 111604
    Star magnitud: 8.20
    Star color: white (brilliant)
    Constellation: Gemini
    Coordinates: RA: 4H 6m 13.01s
    Declination: 8° 30m 10.22s